Monday, May 16, 2005

This is a scratch blog. Yet I have a backup scratch blog. Why don't I just use pen and paper?

This here is a scratch blog. It is just a dumping place for links I found, but I don't feel like wrapping around paragraphs and paragraphs of explanation, opinion, background or further information. In other words, it's a web log in its barest form. Yet, I have discovered Blogger is occassionally unreliable. Understand, it's huge and it is the favored home for "zombie-blogs", web logs produced with some automated tool, that only contain links either spidered off of other search engines, or links to some master blog. These are usually attempts to scam Google's page rank algorithm -- which helps them get higher page view numbers to scam ad sellers -- or they scam AdSense directly. So Blogger will go down occassionally.

Thus I have a second scratch blog with a similar title as this one, "Still Doing This on Tuesday".

Over there, there's one post, a link to an investigative report by Michael Bell on Maui X-Stream, the company most famous for claiming they've built a PowerPC emulator in four months, but pulling the product three or four times after people found evidence that they plagerized code from the Open Source project PearPC. It appears Maui X-Stream's other products have similarly plagerized code from other open source projects.

Now, I have five weblogs to my name, three of which I update regularly, one which I've abandoned. No wonder I feel burned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home